6.28.2010

Quick Toddler Lunch. Plus some for Mom.

I make a super quick Guacamole using two avocados and about a tablespoon of salsa, maybe two tablespoons. I don't really measure. Smush (that's a made up word) it all up with a fork. For us, one bell pepper (I used orange) was perfect to finish off this amount of Guacamole. If you wanted to, you could add a teaspoon to a tablespoon of mayo to make it creamier. Or, even better, if you're into soy, some silken tofu would do the creaminess trick (but you'd have to blend it in a food processor or blender). I find it plenty rich without either of those embellishments.

I then smeared two bananas with about a tablespoon of nut butter each, cut them into slices, and we went at it. It was the perfect amount of food for Ella and I to share, although I needed a little more lunch once she was napping.

Yum.

It is a little fatty-- but I'm breastfeeding and Ella's a two-year-old, so we're into (good) high fat foods these days.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love tips for toddler food! Oh & I have nothing against fat. I'm with you on that one Jess.

    ReplyDelete